Tuesday, March 6, 2012

this is his story.

So remember my friend Jacob?
well, now he is my friend Jake.
And along with the shortened name, has came the most beautiful friendship.
i can safely say that he is my best friend.
the one i see the most. spend the most time with. laugh with and joke with. let's me be my complete self around.

well. today, after hearing my stomach growl far more than normal.
he insisted we go get me some lunch.
(i don't know if this was out of general concern for my well-being, or if it was because he didn't want to go to Stats and knew food was the one way to talk me out of it.)

As we walked to the TSC he told me his story.
why he's here at this point in life.
the story i am going to try to write.
(it's a really good story: a motivating, happy, sad, feel-good, relieve those dark and twisty's sort of story)
so, think of it as a story in progress. continued. more to come. stay tuned. you won't want to miss it.

so in the mean time of waiting.
let me just tell you a few of the things that make me grateful Jake is my best friend:

1. i thought i needed to walk slower so he could catch up with me in his motorized wheel chair. a few weeks ago he was late for the bus and had to hurry. he FLEW down to the bus stop. i couldn't help but laugh. all this time i thought i needed to walk slower for him, but all this time he had been scooting slower for me. Needless to say, we walk a lot faster now we know the other is capable of it. :)

2. he is getting REALLY excited for Zombie's for Human's this year on USU campus. (if you don't know what it is, google it.) today he told me he thinks he has a good chance of winning because "no one ever tries to shoot the kid in the wheel chair" ---said in a very light-hearted joking manner. he is so positive. i've never once heard him complain for being in a wheel chair.

3. i always have something sweet to be snacking on and sharing with him in stats class. he never ceases to make fun of me for it. but hey, statistical significance is always a little sweeter with a starburst.

4. we are planning a road trip to Provo at the end of this month. he volunteered us to help out at the Science fair at BYU. he inspires me everyday to be a little more selfless.

5. because of his cerebral palsy, at certain times little things are hard for him to do. small motor skills especially. i often have to hold onto his paper while he writes so it doesn't move. the little things of life i take for granted, grow each and everyday i am around him!

6. he is REALLY smart! we are usually in the stats lab with 5 or 6 people around us asking us questions on assignments. we look at each other, take a deep breath, and explain away. taking turns who answers which question. when it's over we look at each other and have to bust up laughing that people ask US for help.

7. the first time we did hw together. he looked me in the eyes, and made me promise him we would get A's in Psych Stats this year. I agreed, and we sealed the deal with a high five and a promise of ice cream. so far we have kept true to that promise. half way through and A's so far.


at lunch today.
i love this picture.
me=charleston chew
jake=bit-o-honey

story coming soon,
-it is written.

No comments:

Post a Comment

they'll be sun, sun, sun wherever you go...