Monday, January 9, 2012

life is wonderful, again. :)

disclaimer: One of my resolutions this year is to get back to blogging.
With the post just beneath this being from the first day of last semester.... you can imagine it was a much needed resolution.


10 ways my life has changed dramatically within the last 4 months:
1. i have a scar above my left eyeball for now and always.
2. i graduated from BYU as a Communication Disorders major.
3. i moved to Logan, UT.
4. i am taking 5 pre-req's for grad school at Utah State University.
5. i am working towards the day i can be a full vegetarian.
6. i'm still considering a mission.
7. i bought the cutest car in the world.
8. i am more grateful for each brand new day to which i can make my own endings.
9. i have a crush, and he makes me really happy.
10. i have learned more about life and what it's really about more than any single year of my entire life.


Last semester was a really hard one for me. It was painful and trying, but i wouldn't trade a day of last semester for the world.
I learned a lot. 
I grew up a lot. 

I found this in my journal on September 8, 2011::

"Today i went for a run through provo canyon.
i imagined the leaves on the trees were small creatures.
i pretended the road was black lava, and i had to keep going or else my shoes would melt and stay trapped to the ground.
i looked up at the big mountains and gave them permission to eat my corpse.
i thought of anything and everything other than my sorrows of yesterday.
it was a good breath of fresh air for my brain.

maybe i'm just naive.
but i'm happy.
is that strange?
i am hopeful.
i don't know why exactly though.
maybe i'm just naive...
but the more dominant part is hopeful that there will be a positive solution from these ashes.
something more bright than i could ever even imagine.
and we all know just how big my imagination is."

It is interesting to look back on that entry and remember the feelings i had. I didn't know what direction my life was heading, and it was a scary thought. But, now that it's January 9, (4 months and 1 day from the day i wrote that post), i am able to see how my life has really turned out to be better than i could ever imagine. That it wasn't really ever my imagination that had anything to do with it. I know that my Heavenly Father has truly hand crafted each of the ashes i thought i had made of my life and sculpted them together into a beautiful life. Things are truly looking up, i'm ever so HAPPY. Even more so, i'm a stronger, more confident, changed, and much more grateful human being. And i can't wait to see where my life goes from here!

So enough of that rant. 
The point of this post was really only to say that i am back, and better than ever!
Here we go 2012, i have big plans for you!


This is my new car! (Told you it was the cutest in the world) 
He is still yet to be named, but i'm sure he will earn one soon enough.


Today was my first day of school.
I of course don't have my mirror hung yet so i had to kinda squat to capture this next beauty.
I only included this picture to show off my three sisters.
Right there, looking as stunning as ever on my shiny sister pin!
They tagged along for my first day.
My first class was at 7:30 a.m.
i'm not looking forward to being outside on MWF mornings before the sun wakes up in Logan's freezing weather, but today it wasn't too bad.
thank goodness my roommate is in it with me so i didn't get lost.
(ignore the mess, it's just that one corner from moving that is yet to be sorted through and put away)

hang in there, life has a way of working out.
Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.
-life is wonderful, again!

2 comments:

  1. um i wish i wrote in my journal like that! maybe i'd write more if i did :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you M'wizzle! Thanks for letting me learn from your journey and be inspired by your faith.

    ReplyDelete

they'll be sun, sun, sun wherever you go...